These are CRAZY TASTY as my Aunt B says. The agave carrot cranberry muffins are simple and fairly healthy! What more could you ask for?
To make these lil buggers you will need the following ingredients pictured above. *Also throw in the mix vanilla extract and eggs. Woopsy Daisy, I forgot to photo those!* I decided to use my food processor for the carrots instead of grating them by hand. This girl loves a workout, but I used my muscles today at the gym and passed on using them again in the kitchen.
Here’s the recipe:
adapted from Country Living: http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/agave-sweetened-carrot-muffins
Ingredients – makes 16
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) dark brown sugar *I used light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) dark agave syrup
- 1/3 cup(s) extra-light olive oil *replaced with “no sugar added” applesauce and a heaping T of coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup of crasins *this really seemed to spice them up
Bake these puppies for 20 to 25 minutes at 375. Eat as soon as they cool off. Waste no time. At least I didn’t!
I am taking these muffins on our trip to Annapolis this weekend…that’s if they make it till then.