L2 (luscious lemon) is where it’s at…
Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Mix coconut milk and vinegar together and let sit.
Sift dry ingredients together.
In separate bowl use a mixer and cream together buttery spread and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and lemon extract.
Alternate with the milk mixture and the dry ingredients mixture into the sugar/buttery spread bowl.
Beat all ingredients together until smooth; use spatula to scrap down the sides of the bowl.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack and cool before frosting.
1/4 c non hydrogenated shortening
1/4 c Earth Balance buttery spread
1 1/2 c confectioners’ sugar
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 t lemon zest
1 t vanilla extract
- In small bowl, cream together shortening and margarine until well combined.
- Add confectioners’ sugar together in small increments, continue to beat with hand mixer.
- Add in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, add zest and give one final whirl.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.