Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred—> I originally watched and attempted to do the Jillian Michael’s video a year ago, and honestly felt like I might up-chuck my fully digested lunch. Of course, you watch these beautiful fit ladies workin’ it out, and think well I can do that! Once you get down to the nitty-gritty, things don’t look as pretty as they do on T.V.
With all that motivating talk (ha-ha), let’s talk about interval training that has worked for me and doesn’t make me feel queasy to the tummy! The monotony of running on the treadmill truly feels like you are a hamster running on one of those continuously moving wheels. You just keep going and going and going. BLAH! So here is my idea for you. It has worked for me and I really love it.
- Start off on the treadmill at a fast walk – go at what is comfortable for you, maybe 4.2 mph (3 min warm up)
- Begin to jog five minutes – 5.5 mph or 6.0 mph.
- Jump off the treadmill and do three exercises such as jumping jacks, jump rope, and
star jumps—> Video. Do each for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Hop back on the treadmill and jog for 2 minutes, sprint 1 minute (7.0 mph), jog 2 minutes = 5 min total
- Off the treadmill and do three more activities like squats, burpees, and planks. Do each for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Back onto the treadmill and jog for five minutes, sprint for 1 min = 6 min total
- Put the incline up on the treadmill to 5.0 or whatever you are comfortable, walk for 2 min.
- Keep incline where it is, jog for 1 min
- Keep incline where it is, sprint for 3o seconds – this will be killer!
- Jump off the treadmill, do three more cardio type activities such as high knees, jump back and forth both feet together (go front to back, left to right), mountain climbers.
- Back on treadmill, jog 2 minutes.
- Walk for 5 min to cool down.
- This workout will take total of 30 or so minutes. You will be sweating your little toosh off, and you will feel like a million bucks. Watch out, Jillian Michaels.