Brilliantly green zucchini fritters are simply marvelous. They are great as:
Adapted from cook organic
1 lb zucchini grated
2/3 c flour
1 egg, separated
1 T olive oil
oil for saute pan
- grate zucchini and place in colander, sprinkle salt on top and let sit for 30 minutes
- sift flour into bowl creating well in center.
- add egg yolk and oil.
- measure 5 T water and add little by little to the flour mixture.
- whisk egg yolk, oil and water together with the flour making a smooth mix.
- stir the grated zucchini into the batter.
- whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- heat skillet; drop spoonful of batter into pan.
- brown well on both sides (two to three minutes on each side).
- serve and ENJOY!