Don’t know what to do with your left-over tofu. I do…
Blend it up in your smoothie. In the mix: tofu, protein powder, almond milk, flax seeds, all natural peanut butter, dollop of yogurt and a frozen banana. Pretty much everything besides your kitchen sink. You can’t tell you have thrown the tofu in there, you have added extra protein, and you didn’t waste your left-over tofu that you didn’t use from last night’s dinner. WOW! Happiness all around. Do the happy dance it’s Friday. Shake what your momma gave you. Shake what your momma gave you.
What are your plans for the weekend? After last weekend’s debauchery in the Finger Lakes, my booty is definitely staying calm and letting my body just be. I need to relax, chill on the wine, and squeeze in a bike ride at some point. When you have a crazy weekend filled with things you don’t normally do like drink many bottles of wine, eat anything and everything, including fast food, (yes, I did just say that) how do you find yourself getting back on track? How do you balance out those left-over feelings from your past actions ? Here are my tips for getting back on track after a buck-wild weekend/night/day:
- Don’t beat yourself up about your actions, like eating and drinking whatever you wanted.
- Remember and think to yourself, it was one weekend/night/day and I am allowed this once in a while.
- Don’t think you have to work off everything you consumed over the weekend/day/night. That’s ridiculous and you will drive yourself crazy. It’s not a healthy mentality to have.
- Remember tomorrow is a new day. You will start fresh with a positive attitude.
- Reflect upon the positives. Ask yourself, “Did I have a good time?” If so, maybe that gluttony was worth it!
- Never give up on a healthy life style. You might have had a little bit of a landslide, but things can only go uphill from here.
- Finally, don’t be so hard on yourself. Life is difficult and you will experience many, many trials and tribulations. A day, night, weekend filled with craziness of food and drinks isn’t the worst thing that is going to happen to you.
I leave you with one last thought for today: