If you thought I was MIA for the last day or so, look no further. Here I am! A little rough around the edges, but that only makes me stronger.
Today was filled with tons of fun at the bakery, and I decided since I hadn’t had enough sweet talk for the day, I needed to bake something of my own. It has been forever since I have baked. It was challenging to watch a 9 week old, rambunctious puppy and bake a new recipe at the same time. This is how the night ended…
As well as a few scrumptious brownies in the mix…
You will never guess what’s in this recipe?!? TOFU!
Adapted from here
- 1 package tofu (12 oz)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 1/3 c agave nectar
- 1 c cocoa powder
- 1/3 c instant coffee crystals (maybe decrease to 1/4 c)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- With a hand mixer, beat tofu until smooth.
- Mix in oil, nectar, powder, coffee and vanilla.
- Slowly beat the flour into the mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 7 cake dish.
- Bake 325 F for 35 to 40 Minutes
*If you are a coffee lover go with the 1/3 c coffee crystals. I would do less next time because it is a strong coffee flavor.