I am not thinking about what gives you pleasure in a sexual way, so get your head outta the gutter! What I am talking about is what gives you pleasure in life. Sometimes when you are bogged down with what “isn’t“, you forget about what “is.” The great thing about us as individuals is what gives you happiness might be completely different from your spouse, family, friends, etc. That’s what makes us unique.
These are the things that fill me with happiness:
- good food that is pleasing to the eye with a variety of colors
- finishing a run strong
- taking a nap
- reading on the couch and not feeling guilty
- enjoying a sweet treat
- getting an amazing deal on a clothing item
- being successful at a new recipe
- exploring new places
- checking everything off a “to-do list”
- going for walks, runs, hikes that you have to drive to
What are things that give you pleasure? If you are feeling a bit blah today, write down all the things that provide you with a feeling of fulfillment and try to make one of those happen. Which of my “feel goods” do I want to happen today? Ha, well all of them, but I will be satisfied with reading on the couch and not feeling guilty.