Well it’s been a busy one as usual! I had to work this morning for a few hours and then came home and made these:
This was the first time making the brownie bites and I definitely need to cut down on the baking time, next time I make them. I had them in the oven for 20 minutes and that was about 5 minutes too long! Overall, they still had a great flavor and were a nice mini sized treat for the weekend.
Adapted from Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right
16 whole chocolate graham crackers
1 egg white
3 T sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
2 T unsweetened cocoa
1/ t salt
3 t vanilla
5 T chocolate chips
- In food processor, pulse graham crackers together until fully crushed.
- In a separate bowl mix together crushed graham crackers, cocoa and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, brown sugar by beating with an electric mixer until thickened.
- Fold chocolate chips and graham crackers into egg mixture gently.
- Pour into an 8 x 11 1/2 inch baking dish or a 16 count muffin tin (greased)
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes depending upon which pan was chosen.
*For me, baking is all about trial and error. Perfecting a recipe doesn’t always happen immediately. That is something to remember when you make a recipe and you don’t nail it right away. As Aaliyah said, “Dust yourself off and try again.”