I hope you all survived Irene and are revved up and ready to go for a new work week. Many schools start today, too! Wow, just think of where I was a year ago. Oh the changes we go through. Anyway, I made this pretty spectacular dish that wasn’t very pretty. I just had to say it because I know you were thinking it. Well, don’t judge a book by its cover…This dish might not look like it is going to rock your world, but it was PRETTY darn good.
In the mix:
- cooked quinoa
- mushroom cream sauce
- sun-dried tomatoes
- pine nuts
- scallions as a garnish
How to make “Mushroom Cream Sauce”
What cha need:
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 to 2 T half and half or light creamer
How to create:
- Saute one package of baby bella mushrooms in oil and garlic until tender and water is released from shrooms.
- Pour mushrooms and liquid into food processor.
- Add cream or half and half to mushrooms.
- Blend away.
- Place on top of grain of your choice —-> mine was quinoa