It is almost Friday! Woop, woop.
I knew I wanted to use this oat bran for something in particular, and here it is…
I followed the recipe on the back of the oat bran package and made a few minor adjustments.
1 cup boiling water
1 cup oat bran
1/8 c honey
1/8 c agave syrup
2 large eggs
1/2 c coconut oil
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c greek yogurt
1 c raisins
2/3 c mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix bran and boiling water together in sauce pan. Set aside for 10 minutes off heat.
- Mix honey, agave, coconut oil and eggs in bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda and yogurt.
- Stir bran mixture, raisins and bananas into flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, if you are making mini muffins -24 count
- Bake for 20 minutes, if you are making large muffins – 12 count