I made wheat bulgur last night and stuffed it into red peppers and topped them with the mushroom cream sauce I made last week. I never made bulgur and Joe’s immediate tasting was followed up with, “This tastes just like oatmeal.” I obviously didn’t want to taste oatmeal in my stuffed red peppers. I made the bulgur again this morning for breakfast!
In the bulgur&oats mix:
1/4 c bulgur
1/4 c oats
1 T brown sugar
1 T almond milk
1 tsp finely shredded coconut
- Boil 2 cups water. Once rolling, place grains in pan.
- Remove from heat and place lid on top.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain off excess water.
- Sprinkle all ingredients on oats.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes on 450F.