I followed eatliverun’s lead in the blog world and made these cupcakes. I love pumpkin as you all know from my pumpkin yogurt breakfast a few days ago.
Adapted from eatliverun:
Makes 8 to 10 cupcakes
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T apple butter
- 1/2 can pumpkin (1/2 of 15 ounces)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoon molasses (this is a must)
- Mix first five ingredients together in one bowl.
- In second bowl, mix apple butter through last ingredients together.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet.
- Grease muffin tin and preheat oven to 350F.
- Fill cupcakes up 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Use your favorite cream cheese frosting to top off your cupcakes.