I would like to incorporate more leafy greens into my diet: swiss chard, kale, collard greens, etc. My problem is they can be so bitter sometimes. I think I found the green of my choice: collard greens and the method of cooking of choice: boiling in vegetable stock, garlic cloves and olive oil.
In the mix:
- Grilled eggplant
- kidney beans
- pearled barley
- Collard greens
Most delicious way to prep collard greens:
- Remove greens from stalk and wash well.
- Place green leafs in saute pan, adding enough vegetable stock to cover entirely
- Place 3 garlic cloves in pan
- Boil greens for 5 minutes
- As stock starts to evaporate, add olive oil
- Let stock completely dissipate and allow greens to brown in oil