I adapted this recipe a whole lot and these little babies still turned out delish. I love corn muffins, corn bread, corn everything. When I taught in Atlanta and the school had fried chicken and corn bread, I would weasel my way to the front of the lunch line, throw 2 quarters down on the counter, and search for the largest possible piece there was on the lunch tray. Those were the days.
Today, I worked in the morning at the bakery and had the afternoon off. What else would you do on your day off besides bake? Well, I also edited some wedding pictures. I am really into editing pictures at the moment. I am in love with my Canon EOS Rebel T3. The pictures come out incredible (when I know what I am doing) and the editing on these pictures is awesome as well. I want to take a photography class real bad. Anyone in the Reading area have a suggestion for where to take photography classes? Anyway, on to the recipe…
Cranberry Corn Bran Muffins (12 count)
Adapted: Live Longer Cookbook
Prep Time: 15 minutes (at most)
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Spray 12 muffin cup pan with spray
- In medium bowl, mix together almond milk, oil and oat bran (maybe a few clumps of coconut in mix)
- In large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Add medium bowl mixture to large bowl mixture. Don’t over mix.
- In 3rd bowl, with hand-held mixer, beat egg whites until stiff.
- With spatula, fold egg whites into batter.
- Stir cranberries into mixture gently.
- Fill muffin cups with batter to top.
- Bake 400F or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
*Cut in half and spread butter on top. Yum Yum.