Everyone knows how Paula Deen knows how to fatten up anyone and this casserole will definitely put a few lbs on your tummy, thighs, hips, face, arms, etc. Oh my party time, is this breakfast casserole amazing. Every bite that you take you will relish in forever.
Adapted from Paula Deen
French Toast ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cup half-and-half
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, cold
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- cut French loaf into 1 inch slices, making approximately 20 slices.
- spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- line bottom of pan with half of French toast slices, save other half for second layer.
- in medium bowl mix together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- pour half of mixture over bread.
- layer with remaining 10 slices of bread, pour rest of mixture over bread.
- in another bowl, with hand-held mixer beat together pecan, brown sugar, butter, agave, cinnamon and nutmeg until well mixed.
- spread evenly over bread mixture.
- bake a 350F for 4o to 45 minutes.