I discovered tempeh a few months back and was really unsure of what to do with this strange looking bar of soy, grains and protein. I researched a bit on the internet and from my fellow blogger friends and decided to carmalize the tempeh.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (red wine if you have it)
1/4 cup agave
1 package tempeh sliced
1/4 cup kamut (or other grain)
1 cup spinach
1 clove minced garlic
tomatoes are garnish
- Place all three liquids in saute pan. Let liquid boil and vinegar start to burn off. Place sliced tempeh blocks into liquid.
- After a minute, flip tempeh over to make sure both sides are coated in liquid.
- Cover pan and reduce heat.
- Allow for all liquid to dissipate and tempeh to brown.
- Serve over kamut (pictured above) and sautéed garlic spinach.