I was graciously given old copies of Vegetarian Times magazines from my SIL (Sister-in-Law). I couldn’t wait to make something fantastic from the multitude of vegetarian recipes. I decided on this one:
Adapted from Vegetarian Times
1 cup chic pea flour
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil (1 Tbsp for mixture, 1 Tbsp for skillet)
- Whisk together flour and water.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat and coat with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Spoon out 1/4 cup of mixture into hot pan (will make 4 to 5 burgers)
- Turn heat down to medium and brown on both sides (3 to 4 minutes)
- Serve with side dish of choice – pictured above: tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.