Good morning! I was in need of a tasty soup recipe because I woke up today with 101.3 fever. I can’t remember the last time I had a fever. I am feeling just very lethargic these past two days. Hope the soup will help. I do know one thing, this soup took 30 minutes or so from start to finish. Quite impressive. I would describe this recipe as quite simple, doesn’t need to simmer on the stove for long and is perfect for a vegan, vegetable lover. The recipe is adapted from vegetarian times magazine.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes
- pinch oregano
- pinch dried basil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 10.5 ounce can small white beans (both drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans chopped
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- Place oil, onions, carrots, oregano and basil in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add vegetable stock and stewed tomatoes, let vegetables soften (5 minutes).
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add beans and 3 cups water.
- Turn up heat bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add peas, green beans and corn.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.