I never used to like brussels sprouts, but as I grew older they grew on me. Just like many things in this world. Making these sweet and savory brussels sprouts doesn’t take much. The apple cider in the mix caramelizes the sprouts and gives a sweet flavor.
Apple Cider Brussel Sprouts
Servings size: 1 to 2 side dishes
- 10 brussels sprouts, ends chopped
- 1 medium apple chopped (small cubes)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup apple cider (depending upon your sweetness liking)
- 1/4 cup or more water
- sprinkle of dried cranberries or raisins
- Cut ends off brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place brussels sprouts and chopped apple cubes in apple cider and water in sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Let brussels sprouts boil in liquid for 12 to 15 minutes or until desired softness (if liquid dissolves, add more water/apple cider)
- Liquid will burn off and sprouts will begin to caramelize. When sprouts are browned, remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.