As I said, hip hip hooray for winter because of making slow cooker soups! This soup caught my eye as I was paging through a food network magazine in the Miami Airport.
- 2 large peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 1 leek, green and white parts only, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 stalks carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, minced – should be about a tsp
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 of lemon, squeezed for fresh juice
- Throw all ingredients *up to lentils* in a slow cooker with 6 cups water.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours
- In sauce pan, mix together curry powder, nutritional yeast and lemon over medium heat until combined.
- Pour into slow cooker and mix well.