A coworker, Dawn, brought in to work a delicious version of these cookies and immediately I asked for the recipe. Well, actually I ate three of them before getting the recipe. The cookies are very moist, which I am assuming is from the ricotta cheese. These cookies are a must-make for the holiday season. Get baking!
Lemon Ricotta Cookies
*With the changes that I made, reducing the butter and using agave instead of sugar, these still turned out fabulous!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance) *recipe calls for 2 sticks
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup agave nectar *recipe calls for 2 cups
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- Cream all ingredients together except flour.
- Slowly add flour, 1 cup at a time. Mix well.
- Drop cookies onto cookie sheet with cookie scooper.
- Bake 350F for 12 minutes.
- Mix together 4 oz cream cheese (half an 8 oz package)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- Spread on cookies, ENJOY!