Well, I had the mascarpone left over from the collard casserole and knew I needed to use it ASAP. You also know I am on this greens kick, so on the way home from work I just happened to pick up a bunch of collard greens. Go figure.
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed, ribs removed, chopped, steamed with minced garlic
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1/2 container mascarpone cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- fresh mozzarella shredded cheese (enough to sprinkle or coat on top)
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil, remove gills from inside with spoon.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in oven at 350F
- In sauce pan, mix together cooked quinoa, mascarpone cheese and chopped collard greens over medium heat.
- Fill mushrooms with quinoa mixture. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven, bake 15 to 20 minutes. Or until cheese is melted and golden brown.