We like to eat veggie burgers around here and I saw a recipe pop up somewhere for shrimp burgers. I do love me some shrimp! I thought this would be a great change from the traditional veggie burger – which I just had for lunch anyway and yes it did make a perfect dinner. Joe and I ate it along with a salad and it all went together so well. I do have to tell you, tomorrow Joe and I are on our way to visit friends at the beach! We will be there until Saturday and on Saturday we are headed to a “white” party. That’s where many of the aspects of the party are white! I have an off-white dress, hope that will do, and we are all looking forward to it! You will hear from me after the weekend is over, so miss me much! Anyway, back to the burgers…
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped and green parts only
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash of salt and pepper
- In sauté pan, melt butter along with onion, celery and red pepper on medium heat.
- Let cook for 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften, add shrimp.
- Cook until pink disappears, 3 minutes at most.
- Transfer into bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients: garlic through salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup size burgers into pan.
- Let cook 3 to 4 minutes on either side or until browned.
- Serve over bed of lettuce, on a bun or just eat alone!