We know my love for stuffin’ foods and so I, of course, followed my regular routine of stuffing some type of vegetable. I’m sure I have said it before but the reason I have a strong love for it is because you get a variety of flavors in one dish. Not only that, but when you stuff vegetables you feel filled up from all the goodies that were incorporated into the dish. Know what I mean? When I say filled up, that’s a good thing because I have a nice appetite! Even Joe told me that this past weekend. He was cruising for a bruising after he said, “Wow, you sure do eat all the time, Lesley.” Gotta love husbands, right? After his not well perceived comment, I magically ended up with a new pair of Nike sneakers that will be perfect for my summer running. His comment quickly was forgiven! Now onto the cauliflower stuffed peppers…
Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers
Serving size: 2 whole peppers, halved or 4 quarters
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 yellow or red peppers, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- squeeze lemon juice
- Place chopped cauliflower, 2 Tbsp olive oil and minced garlic in saute pan on medium high heat.
- Cook until softened and brown, about 7 minutes.
- In bowl, mixture together cauliflower with basil, goat cheese, tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Drizzle pepper halves with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- On 350F, cook 4 pepper quarters until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Fill peppers with cauliflower mixture.