Hope you are going to celebrate this great holiday with lots of red, white and blue food and lots of fun! This is a great holiday for many reasons, one in particular, it’s my birthday! I am reaching that soon-to-be very adult age – 30. Luckily, I have one more year to live in my twenties. Who knows what this year will bring! Well, at this very moment Joe and I are in route to relax on the beach in Jamaica with our toes in the water and our little butts in the sand with not a worry in the world, but a cold drink in our hand. Life is good. If you are doing the same thing, cheers to you! If not and you are going to a picnic, again cheers to you! If you are in need of a quick dessert to take to your picnic, one that is patriotic, you could quick whip up a batch of these bars. Happy Fourth of July!
Blueberry & Almond Tart
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp almond extract – vanilla would work
- 1 – 8 oz container cool whip, partially thawed
- 1 – 8 oz container mascarpone cheese
- 1 container blueberries, strawberries – choice of fruit
- Mix together almond meal, melted butter and almond extract creating paste-like crust.
- Press mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch square pan using the back of spoon or your hands.
- Bake at 350F for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While cooling, mix together cool whip and mascarpone cheese.
- Once completely cooled, spread cream mixture on top of crust.
- Top with your choice of fruit.