I have been a fan of hummus for a long, long time it seems now. Each day at work around 10AM, I get out my carrot sticks and hummus and start chomping away. I swear, my coworkers must think I come from the rabbit family. One time, after I left a voicemail for a consumer and thought I hung up, only to find I was still on the line chomping away on my 17 carrot sticks. I’m sure the person who received that voicemail was a bit confused. Whoops! Well to make the tzatziki sauce you only need a few fresh ingredients…
Serving size: small 6 ounce bowl
- 1 – 6 oz – plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, skin shaved, diced into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt, pepper
- In bowl, mix together all ingredients except sugar, salt, pepper.
- Season according to taste with sugar, salt, pepper.
- ENJOY with vegetables, chips, pita bread, gyros, salad and much, much more!
When I made this recipe, it was a small serving size because of using an individual sized Chobani plain yogurt. If you were interested in making a larger batch, I would double the ingredients. That way you could take it to a party or use for a number of people for dinner. Again, this was the perfect size for me because I have been eating it as a snack and also used it on top of a bed of spinach with grilled shrimp for lunch.