Last weekend Joe and I stopped over at my Aunt B’s house to just “pop” in and say hi. She immediately asked if I wanted a drink and of course I took her up on the offer. She always has an assortment of beverages to offer, especially since my Uncle Jim works at the state liquor store. I wasn’t in the mood for a plain glass of wine or a beer, but what sounded more appetizing was a Sangria Margarita. She showed me what went in the concoction so I could recreate the drink at home. I did tweak it just a bit once I got home to reduce the sweetness and sugar levels. Hey, gotta be conscious of that when eating and drinking! Read on for the recipe…
Sparklin’ Sangria ‘Ritas
Serving Size: 1 ‘Rita
- 1 to 2 oz tequila (your choice depending upon how strong you like it)
- 2 oz margarita mix
- 4 oz seltzer water
- 1 oz “Madria Sangria” (pre-made Sangria)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt for brim of glass
- Salt brim of glass.
- Measure all ingredients.
- Pour into cup: tequila, margarita mix, seltzer and top off with sangria.
- Mix together and add a squeeze of lime.
- ENJOY during your free time!