Anyone into veggie burgers? Do you like coming up with new veggie burger creations? I get so excited when I made a veggie burger that stays together, tastes yummy, and has the right consistency and texture when eating. Those three things are the most important to me when making vegetable burgers. When I made these cashew curried burgers, I could tell they would be a hit as soon as I starting forming them into patties. There was something about the texture of them, at that point, that I knew success was in my future for veggie-burger-making.
What is your favorite mixture of veggie burger ingredients?
Cashew & Lentil Curried Burgers
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup red lentils, cooked
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh herbs as garnish (chives, green onion)
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder, stirring well to combine.
- Add carrots and cook another 5 minutes.
- In food processor, pulse cashews until finely chopped.
- Add cooked lentils and onion mixture to cashews, pulsing a few more times.
- Transfer to bowl, add bread crumbs and salt/pepper.
- Create 6 medium-sized patties with hands.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet, cook patties 7 minutes on each side or until browned.
- ENJOY with tomato and fresh herbs on top!