I was in the mood for a parfait for breakfast last week and I realized I haven’t made one in a very long time. What I like about parfaits is the fact you can layer your glass with almost anything you want: grains of your choice, fruit, nuts, seeds, cranberries, raisins, almond butter, etc. Those are some of my favorite foods! Also, who doesn’t like to eat out of a fancy glass at 7 in the morning? Unfortunately, it’s not filled with wine but the parfait still comes in a close second in my book.
How about you? When you make a parfait, what are your favorite goodies to go inside the glass?
Chilled Strawberry & Banana Parfait
- 1/4 cup cooked buckwheat groats
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter (almond butter would work, too)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 Tbsp light cream (half and half would work, too)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- Mix groats and natural peanut butter together in small dish.
- Place groats in bottom of parfait/wine glass.
- In food processor, mix together strawberries and cream.
- Layer on top of groats.
- In food processor, place frozen banana and process until smooth.
- Place banana soft serve on top of strawberries.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.