This zucchini pasta dish is perfect for anyone who is looking to lower carbohydrate intake and steer away from regular pasta. Also, if you are a fresh vegetable lover, this dish is perfect for you RIGHT NOW in the summer season! I seem to pick up zucchini and yellow squash at the farmer’s market every time I go. I always manage to use them in some recipe. If I don’t find a recipe to incorporate the two into, I just cut them up and sauté them with oil and garlic. They even taste like summertime perfection as a simple side dish.
See how easy healthy cooking and eating can be?
Talk about easy, this recipe definitely fits the bill.
Summer Zucchini & Squash Pasta
Servings: 2 main dish servings
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup or more vegetable stock (could use water)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (depending upon your desire for cheesiness)
- 1 Tbsp julienned fresh basil
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash into long, thin matchstick pieces – resembling pasta.
- Place zucchini and squash into saute pan with 2 Tbsp olive oil and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour vegetable stock into pan and let zucchini and squash soften 10 minutes. Add more stock if needed.
- Once stock evaporates, plate zucchini and squash pasta.
- Mix remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, tomato and cheese into pasta.
- Top with fresh basil.