I made the eggplant and goat cheese pizza a few weeks ago and was totally craving more pizza after that night. I made the dough, which was a pretty typical pizza crust and created one pizza on the grill and froze the other crust. We still need to use that crust, but of course, I wanted to make a different type of crust for dinner this past week. Why would I use what’s in the freezer before making something new? That’s just totally asinine, haha! I definitely have issues, so Joe says…
I found this almond & flax pizza crust while searching the internet for new recipes. What caught my eye on this recipe was the fact that almonds were incorporated into the crust! That’s definitely getting a nutritional bang for your buck, right?
Almond & Flax Pizza Crust
Serving size: 4 mini pizza crust
- 1 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 cup almond meal (place almonds in food processor, grind together until coarse meal is created)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Italian spices
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup or less water
- In bowl, mix together flax meal, almond meal, salt, baking powder and spices.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Pour egg mixture into dry bowl.
- Add water as needed until doughy consistency is created.
- On greased aluminum foil placed on baking sheet, create 4 mini sized pizza crust (might need to flour hands) pressing into circular flat shape.
- Bake for 7 minutes, flip crust.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings, bake another 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- If you are feeling adventurous, make a few different pizzas from the crusts.
*Pictured I made a tempeh, pesto & tomato basil pizza and also a grilled zucchini basil pizza.