I have come up with a great idea to making dinners faster during the week. Of course, I’m not the first person to think of this but it was the first time I had done it and boy does it cut down on your dinner prep time. What I did was prep the grains and the beans needed for this recipe (and some extra to freeze for later use) the night before.
I cooked the wild rice & quinoa, some for the recipe and some extra for later use, then placed it in the freezer until it was needed. I also simmered the dried beans for an hour until they were softened and did the same thing, placing them in the freezer until I needed them. I’m sure putting them in the refrigerator would work just as well! Then, all I had to do for this dinner was throw it all together and bake for 10 minutes! Perfect!
Shrimp & White Bean Cilantro Burgers
Adapted from Cooking Light
Makes: 6 medium size patties
- 1 garlic clove, skin removed & minced
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup dry white beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice & quinoa grains (any grain would work)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- dash of salt & pepper
- quarters of lime – optional
- In food processor, place minced garlic, 1/2 of shrimp and 1/2 cup white beans and pulse (just a few times).
- Add remaining shrimp, beans, wild rice & quinoa grains, cilantro & salt and pepper.
- Pulse until combined and coarse mixture is created.
- Using hands, create 6 medium sized patties and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cook 375F for 5 minutes, flipping and cooking 5 more minutes.
- ENJOY with a garnish of cilantro, a side of sauce of your choice and a squeeze of lime!