I have wanted to make pizza crust out of cauliflower for a bit now. I kept on stalling for I don’t know what reason. Just make it, Lesley! This weekend was the perfect time for some pizza and salad. The cauliflower crust was a hit here and will definitely be made again. Joe and I liked it just as much as the almond & flax crust. Not only that, but who doesn’t love to eat pizza and not feel all that bad about it once inhaling slice after slice? I also decided to roast some extra cherry tomatoes I had in the fridge that were on the verge of going crinkly and these were a perfect compliment to the cauliflower pizza crust.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Makes 3 personal pizzas
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stems removed cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed meal (ground up)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup flax seed meal
- 2 egg whites
- dash of garlic powder, dried basil, salt & pepper
- Place cauliflower pieces in food processor and mix until small crumbles are created.
- Place cauliflower in bowl and grind up sunflower seeds creating meal.
- Add sunflower seed meal and remaining ingredients to bowl and combine well.
- On greased cookie sheet, create 3 personal sized circle pizza crust with hands flattening out crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes on 350F or until edges start to brown.
- Add toppings bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.