What’s not to like about mini meatballs for dinner? Especially mini meatballs that are made out of lentils – no meat! I love eating anything that comes in a mini size for 2 reasons. One, for most mini things you can have more than one: mini Quiche, mini sliders, mini muffins, mini Dairy Queen blizzards, well that’s the exception. One mini blizzard from DQ is enough. Two, you don’t have to feel bad or guilty about eating something mini. A few bites of something mini won’t hurt you. Remember, everything in moderation! These vegetarian lentil meatballs, I’m sure could be made into regular size but hey once you go mini, you never go back. I have been using my melon scooper for many of my recipes and I don’t want to stop. These mini meatballs were made from none other but a cup and some of the lentils…
Vegetarian Lentil Meatballs with homemade Spinach Pesto
Serving size: 12 mini meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 egg, 1 egg white, whisked
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil for pan
- In medium-sized bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Place bowl in fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- With melon scooper or Tbsp and hands create small meatballs.
- In skillet, on medium heat, warm olive oil.
- Place meatballs in pan and brown on all sides, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, place meatballs in oven for 15 minutes on 350F to crisp up.
- ENJOY with a dousing of pesto!