Lucky you, here comes another portobello mushroom recipe! If you just happened to miss some of the other mushroom recipes, here are just a few:
(*sorry for the dark picture – this was from my earlier photography days!)
So what’s your favorite portobello mushroom recipe? I have to say this last recipe I made this past week was pretty darn good! I liked the mixture of ingredients and the hint of fall that came along with it! Here’s the recipe…
Sausage & Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving size: 3 portobello stuffed mushrooms
- 1 package of portobello mushrooms (3 in pack)
- 1 package organic sun dried tomato & basil chicken sausage (or any flavor)
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 package chopped spinach, liquid squeezed out
- 3 Tbsp homemade or store bought pesto
- Few Tbsp olive oil for brushing mushrooms and skillet for sausage
- Scrap gills and stem out of portobello mushrooms.
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil.
- Bake 35oF for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Remove casing from sausage, break into pieces and brown for 5 to 7 minutes.
- In bowl mix together browned sausage, rice, feta cheese, chopped spinach.
- Fill mushroom with sausage mixture.
- Bake 35oF for 10 more minutes.
- Top with pesto.