If you are thinking about making a pumpkin pie this weekend, but don’t have the time or energy, make a pumpkin pie smoothie instead! This smoothie I made for my girlfriend, Maisie, last Wednesday and it was so good, I had to make it again this morning and blog about it immediately! Lucky you, right?
This “recipe” which is nothing more than throwing ingredients in the blender and making a smoothie, tastes just like pumpkin pie! I think it’s the oats that help it to have that crust flavor. Not only does it taste like pie, but the smoothie is very easy to tweak. If you want the smoothie to be creamier add more almond milk, if you want it to be more hearty and thick, add more oats. It’s just that simple…So what’s your favorite recipe this fall? Please share, so I can continue on my spree of making seasonal recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie for One
Please feel free to double this recipe for your significant other
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (add more if you like it sweet)
- dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice
- whip cream – topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend together until smooth.
- Add whip cream as a topping with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.