I love brushetta for a number of reasons:
– The combination of the garlic and tomatoes is just to die for.
– Who doesn’t love fresh basil?
– A long crispy French baguette isn’t something we buy everyday, so when we do, it’s a treat!
– Garlicky breath once you are done.
– Just kidding about the garlicky breath.
What’s different about this brushetta from others that I have made in the past is, the cherry tomatoes are roasted in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, I mixed roasted garlicky tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese together to create my brushetta. I also added ricotta cheese to the baguette rounds before topping them with brushetta. Again, somethingI don’t normally do. It was damn good. That’s all I have to say.
Roasted Brushetta with Ricotta
- 1 pint sized container grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp julienned basil (about 7 to 10 small leaves)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 French baguette
- On small cookie sheet, place tomatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil drizzled on top and 3 minced garlic cloves.
- Roast tomatoes until you hear them pop – about 30 minutes on 400F.
- Remove tomatoes from oven and carefully cut in half, preserving the juice.
- Place tomatoes with juice, remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, basil and parmesan cheese in bowl, combining well.
- Cut baguette into small rounds and spread ricotta cheese on top of each round.
- Spoon roasted brushetta on top.