Since you can make almost anything with a pumpkin twist, and ’tis the season to be pumpkin, why not pumpkin granola?
Pumpkin granola is, of course, delicious sprinkled over vanilla yogurt or great just by the handful to pop into your mouth when you are on the go. I have been a sucker for buying granola pre-made because I enjoy all the nut and berry combinations others put into their mixes. I must have the sucker sign on my head while walking through the cereal and granola aisle. I never really think of these great sweet and salty combinations while I am making my granola, well until this time around. This time around, I think I did it right. I added chopped pecans and craisins to the granola. These two ingredients complimented the pumpkin spice granola well. Just take a lookie…
What about you, what’s your favorite granola mixture?
Do you make yours or buy it?
Pumpkin Pecan Granola
Adapted from Two Peas and their Pod
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp or pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/8 cup apple sauce
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In medium bowl, mix well all ingredients except craisins and pecans.
- Grease cookie sheet (or greased foil on cookie sheet) and evenly spread mixture.
- Bake on 350F for 25 minutes or until oats are golden and crispy.
- Let cool and stir in craisins and pecans.