I do have the best appetizer recipe for you and your next football shindig. If you don’t have plans to head to a football party, you could even make this appetizer for an upcoming Halloween party this weekend or next! You only need a few ingredients – buffalo wing sauce being the main one – and your friends will love you.
How I came up with this recipe is, I have been into buffalo flavor a lot lately. Really into it. I’m one of those people who doesn’t like things really spicy but surprisingly enough I am diggin’ wing sauce. I am also one of those people who thinks something with the tiniest bit of heat is spicy and I need to immediately take a bite of something else and grab a drink ASAP. I’m sure many people would say buffalo wing sauce isn’t necessarily spicy, but more or less tangy. No matter if it’s spicy or tangy, it is so
damn darn good. Chicken that is coated with wing sauce and mixed with two types of cheese is just what you and your friends are needing right now or this weekend…
Buffalo Chicken Cups
Makes 12 cups – easily can be doubled
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (cut back to 1/4 cup if you want more mild)
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- blue cheese crumbles as topping (optional)
- In greased muffin tin, mold wonton wrappers to individual muffin cups pushing up around sides and into bottom.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together chicken, wing sauce, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Place chicken mixture in small, glass baking dish (I used loaf pan) and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Spoon hot mixture into wonton cups.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.