like love rice krispies…? Now, who doesn’t love rice krispies with peanut butter and nutella melted and smeared on top of them?
Rice krispie treats are something both adults and kids have loved for years and years. I know I sure have! I can remember when my Aunt Kim would make us rice krispies treats when we would have a sleepover at her house. It was a true treat along with silver dollar pancakes! Dang, we were lucky kids! So you can understand why making rice krispie treats actually brought back many warm memories for me. Yes, I am sounding sentimental as I talk about rice krispies, kinda crazy. Pathetic or not, I love the stickiness and sweetness of the marshmallows in these bite size treats (that’s if you choose to make them bite sized).
I decided to spice the rice krispie treats up a bit and add two of my other favorite ingredients: peanut butter and nutella. Now, I am weak in the knees just thinking about all three goodies: rice krispies, pb and nutella. Of course this “recipe” is nothing more than mixing a few ingredients together from a long-time recipe, spreading some goodness on top and desperately waiting for the treats to harden up, so you can cut them and dive in…Or you could eat the extra krispies from the pot and the spoon! That’s a great idea, too.
Peanut Butter & Nutella Krispies
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nutella, melted
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter on medium heat.
- Mix in marshmallows and continue to stir until melted.
- Add cereal and coat with marshmallows.
- With greased wax paper, evenly push cereal mixture in greased 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Melt peanut butter over medium heat and pour on top of cereal mixture evenly.
- Do the same for nutella and spread on top of peanut butter.
- Allow to cool and firm up, then cut into squares.
PS – Please don’t come back to me and say you couldn’t help but eat the whole pan. I know that is quite possible with how tasty these treats are.
PPS – Also, I don’t claim for these to be healthy so watch out for your pants getting a bit tighter! Or limit yourself to just one tasty treat!