I had been on the search for a good fall cider drink this year and one that was preferably alcoholic. I saw a few cider or pumpkin martinis made with liqueur while searching the Internet but I wasn’t digging them all that much. I have a past for making wine drinks with a little fruit and a little seltzer and loving every sip of them. That’s how I came up with this recipe because it does just that: little fruit – being the cider, little seltzer – being the fizz and viola you have yourself a nice and light alcoholic drink! Only bad thing is or bad if you are going to be outside while drinking these is they are cold so I recommend wearing gloves or just staying inside to make your life easier.
Look at that yummy brown sugar and cinnamon rim! It’s delicious.
Have any fall drink recipes you have made this year? Please share!
Sparklin’ Cider Spritzer
Makes 2 – 8 ounce glasses
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces seltzer (or club soda)
- 8 ounces white wine
- cinnamon sticks for decoration
- Wet outside rim of wine glass with water and on plate mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip rim of glass into sugar mixture and give it a swirl.
- In each glass pour 2 ounces of cider, 2 ounces of seltzer and 4 ounces of white wine lightly stirring.
- Add ice to each glass and a cinnamon stick.
- Drink up!