I love the combination of ricotta & roasted tomatoes. It is oh so delicious just like in this recipe where you put it on French baguette slices. The flavors of the tomatoes really pop when you roast them. It’s just that simple. I love biting into the roasted tomatoes and the juice just pops in your mouth. Sometimes if it’s right out of the oven, the juices almost burn the inside of your mouth and you have to make that “oh, ah” sound. Crazy enough, I love it.
I don’t know how the idea popped in my head to stuff potatoes with ricotta and roasted tomatoes, but it did and it was such a great random thought! The traditional broccoli and cheese potatoes are good, but they really have nothing on these stuffed potatoes. To make this easy dinner, you don’t need to pick up much from the store, so make a list: potatoes, ricotta cheese, grape tomatoes and some seasonings that you probably already have in your cupboard…
Ricotta & Roasted Tomato Stuffed Potatoes
Serving size: 2 potatoes loaded
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- pinch of garlic salt
- parmesan cheese as topping
- Rub about a Tbsp of olive oil on the outside of both potatoes and poke a few holes in the top.
- Bake 400F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Once tender, with sharp knife, cut an oval in the top of the potato making sure to leave a few inches at the top, bottom and sides.
- With a spoon, remove the center of the potato carefully – don’t puncture through on the sides or the bottom.
- Place 1 cup of the scooped out potato insides, skin removed, in a bowl and mix together with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (remaining potato pieces could be used for another recipe).
- Mix potatoes and ricotta well with dried basil and garlic salt.
- Meanwhile, on small foiled cookie sheet, place grape tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake tomatoes at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until they begin to split open or pop.
- Stuff potatoes with potato and ricotta mixture.
- Gently place roasted tomatoes on top of stuffed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and ENJOY!