It’s that time of year where cranberries are popping out all over the place -literally!
If you happened to have a bag of cranberries that you didn’t use for Thanksgiving, here’s a great recipe to use them up! I found this recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Eat, Live, Run and it’s a total keeper and is perfect for this time of year with Christmas parties coming up!
The bright red color of the margs makes you feel quite festive and the hint of green lime slices just puts you in the total Christmas spirit.
Have any favorite holiday drinks you will be sipping on this holiday? If so, please share!
Festive Cranberry Margaritas
Slightly adapted from Eat, Live, Run
Serves about 2 margaritas if using larger stemless glasses with additional syrup for more!
Serves about 3 margaritas in traditional margarita glasses with additional syrup for more!
- 1 – 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz tequila
- 3 oz triple sec
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 limes, squeezed
- splash of seltzer
- In a medium sauce pan, place cranberries, water and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Let cranberries pop (split open) and break down – 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain cranberry syrup into small container and place in refrigerator. Set cranberries aside.
- Once syrup is cool, in shaker, place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup syrup, tequila, triple sec and juice from 1 or 1 and 1/2 limes (the more syrup, the sweeter; the more lime, more tart). Shake up well.
- Pour margarita into 3 salt rimmed glass, give a splash of seltzer and garnish with a lime slice and a few cranberries if you like.
- DRINK UP!