I think I can say overall, I am always looking to spice up my chicken recipes. Chicken can become just so boring especially if it’s just “grilled.” Yeah you can throw it on top of a salad or use it for taco meat, but grilled chicken to me is like plain vanilla ice cream. Why get plain vanilla when there are a ton of other choices? Well, why grill plain chicken when there are so many things you can stuff inside it? If you are in the market for a new chicken recipe, get ready. This is a great chicken recipe that will make you go “ahhh.” Are you excited?! Haha, who knew you could get excited over chicken recipes, but I am…
Prosciutto, Spinach & Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Makes 3 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (used 1 lb package)
- 1 egg, whisked well
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large fresh mozzarella balls, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach (might need less)
- drizzle of olive oil
- On cutting board, place a piece of saran wrap over 1 chicken breast at a time. With meat tenderizer, flatten chicken breast until thin enough you can roll easily.
- Dip flattened chicken in egg then into bread crumbs, coating evenly.
- In middle of chicken breast place a few spinach leaves, a few pieces of mozzarella cheese and some prosciutto.
- Roll chicken up and using tooth picks to hold ends together.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and drizzle a bit of olive oil over stuffed chicken breasts.
- Bake 350F for 20 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside (will depend on how thick your chicken is).