If you love chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels, you will love these cookies. My girlfriend, Tiffani, made them after pinning it to her “Sweets” Pinterest board. Ahhh, the greatness of Pinterest. After she made them at my house a few months back, they kinda slipped my mind. I don’t know how because they are that good and not only that but I probably had 4 of them (woops!)…but luckily I had a flashback and thought they would be great to make for New Year’s Eve. I made them yesterday and figure I will just freeze them and then take them out a few hours before the guests arrive. I did sneak one before stashing them away!
What’s your favorite combination for cookies?
I love anything peanut butter and chocolate. The salty pretzels are just an added bonus..who doesn’t love sweet and salty?
Chocolate PB Pretz Cookies
Adapted from: Sugar Cooking blog
*Reduced sugar in recipe (see original recipe from blog if you want sweeter cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sucanat (could you regular sugar)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken pretzels
- sea salt
- In small bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and Sucanat until combined.
- Egg beaten egg and vanilla.
- Add flour into butter mixture a little at a time (batter will get thick).
- Fold in with spatula chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and broken pretzel pieces.
- Using teaspoon make 24 small cookie balls and place on greased cookie sheet (may press down to make flat or keep as circular balls).
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on the top of each cookie.
- Bake 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.