Tis the season for a new refreshing cocktail for this joyous holiday. This spritzer is one that can be thrown together pretty easily and enjoyed throughout Christmas and the New Year! Make sure to pick up these things at the store: pomegranate juice, mint, seltzer and vodka! Oh yes and a sprinkle of sugar, too!
Pomegranate Mint Spritzer
Serving size: Makes 2 cocktails
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar, divided
- 2 shots vodka, divided
- 4 Tbsp pomegranate juice (plus a small extra splash), divided
- 8 oz seltzer, divided
- ice cubes
- In two drinking glasses, place 3 mint leaves and 1/4 tsp sugar in bottom of each. With muddler, muddle together mint and sugar creating a paste like consistency (mint leaves will break down).
- Add 1 shot of vodka and 2 Tbsp pomegranate juice to each glass (I added 1 more little splash at the end to each glass of pomegranate juice).
- Top off with 4 oz seltzer in each glass. Stir well. Add lots of ice.
- Pour into fun drinking glasses.
- ENJOY! *PS – If you enjoy a sweet cocktail, add more sugar when muddling your mint!*